Developed by Prof Cecilia Li from Hong Kong Polytechnic University , the SSCP is a new innovation for the treatment of hypertrophic scars. It consists of a layer of specially designed silicone rubber and a layer of specially formulated medical silicone gel. In conjunction with pressure therapy, “Smart Scar Care Pad” can evenly distribute pressure while reducing scar tension and preventing water loss. “Smart Scar Care Pad” has a comfortable texture, durable and comfortable to wear, suitable for use under pressure clothes.
Instructions for use：
- Wash hands before use.
- Clean and dry the scar and surrounding skin.
- Open the packaging and lift off SSCP sheet.
- If necessary, cut to exactly the size of the scar over the surrounding skin, chamfer the edge of the stud to make it as a doom shape. Trim the hair of surrounding area will increase the adhesion and the comfort.
- When applying SSCP, make sure the area is dry. When used together in conjunction with ointment or cream, ensure the cream has been cleared before applying the SSCP gel sheet.
- Remove the release film and apply SSCP over the scar. Avoid stretching when applying over joints.
- Make sure the pressure generated on the scars or keloid is not too high (optimal pressure 15-25 mmHg), otherwise, blood circulation of the surrounding skin might be impeded. The application of Pressure enhancer such as Pressure garment, Pressure band(need to be purchased separately.), etc.
- Keep the unused portion in the original container and store in a dry place (less than 25 degree °C) or the fridge (around 4 degree °C).
- Never apply to an open or infected wounds or over scabs or stitches.
- Do not apply ointments or creams under SSCP.
- If used properly but skin irritation still occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.