This ankle brace is the first of its kind. Designed as an “apply and forget” type brace, it will fit any ankle shape. The great flexibility of the components stabilises the ankle more easily and with more precision. It can be reshaped many times, without losing its qualities, allowing adjustment according to morphological changes.
- Direct molding on the limb
- Antibacterial fabric
- Submersible and auto-draining
- Remoldable without limits nor degradation
- 3.2 mm thickness that permits the normal dressing
- Compostable eco-friendly plastic
THREE SIMPLE STEPS
- Heat the brace in an oven or hot water pan, between 67 °C and 85 °C (152°F and 185°F), until it becomes soft and elastic.
- Dry Heat Method – Put the brace in either the Turtlebrace heating bag, a regular or convection oven, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Hot Water Method – Place the brace in a hot water heating pan for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the brace has become soft and elastic, you can drape the brace on the body. Make sure that the temperature of the brace is not too hot for comfort or at risk of burning your client.
- Place your client in the desired position and wait for the brace to harden.
- Molding should be done only by a health professional, or somebody trained in bracing, casting, or similar medical devices.
- This is a single patient use, it cannot be transferred, even if it had been washed thoroughly.
- Do not drape the brace if it is too hot to avoid skin burns or discomfort.
- It is highly recommended to always wear a shoe, sandal, or foot cover when the wearer has to walk with the brace because the brace can be very slippery on certain surfaces.
- It is recommended to check the blood circulation often. If the brace becomes too tight, advise the client to unzip the brace and call is health professional.
- Do not heat the brace over 100°C (210°F), because the fabric or/and the zipper could burn or melt.
- If you use a heat gun, be careful not to burn the fabric.