A fast and simple way to immobilize the elbow. The full contact results in a reduction in the migration of the brace, maintaining the elbow alignment, and improving wearer comfort. The remoldability makes it easier to readjust the brace in order to follow the morphologic changes of the wearer.
- Direct molding on the limb
- Antibacterial fabric
- Submersible and auto-draining
- Remoldable without limits nor degradation
- 3.2 mm thickness that permits the normal dressing
- Compostable eco-friendly plastic
THREE SIMPLE STEPS
- Heat the brace in an oven or hot water pan, between 67 °C and 85 °C (152°F and 185°F), until it becomes soft and elastic.
- Dry heat method – Put the brace in either the Turtlebrace heating bag, a regular or convection oven, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Hot water method – Place the brace in a hot water heating pan for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the brace has become soft and elastic, you can drape the brace on the body. Make sure that the temperature of the brace is not too hot for comfort or at risk of burning your client.
- Place your client in the desired position and wait for the brace to harden.
- Stable fractures, sprains, post-op immobilization, tendinitis, serial casting, spasticity control, night splint.
- Do not heat the brace over 100°C (210°F), because the fabric or/and the closure could burn or melt.
- Do not heat the brace over 100°C (210°F), because the fabric or/and the zipper could burn or melt.
- If you use a heat gun, be careful not to burn the fabric.