The Turtlebrace wrist is the fastest, simplest, most intuitive way to immobilize a wrist. Designed as an “apply and forget” type brace, it lets you concentrate on your patient not on the molding. The great flexibility of the components creates a real full contact support, eliminating pressure points and making it more comfortable than any traditional brace or cast. It can be reshaped many times, without losing its qualities, allowing adjustment according to morphological changes.
- Direct molding on the limb
- Antibacterial fabric
- Submersible and auto-draining
- Remoldable without limits nor degradation
- 3.2 mm thickness that permits the normal dressing
THREE SIMPLE STEPS
- Heat the brace in an oven or hot water pan, between 67 °C and 85 °C (152°F and 185°F), until it becomes soft and elastic.
- Dry Heat Method – Put the brace in either the Turtlebrace heating bag, a regular or convection oven, for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Hot Water Method – Place the brace in a hot water heating pan for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the brace has become soft and elastic, you can drape the brace on the body. Make sure that the temperature of the brace is not too hot for comfort or at risk of burning your client.
- Place your client in the desired position and wait for the brace to harden.
- Stable fractures, sprains, post-op immobilization, tendinitis, serial casting, spasticity control, carpal tunnel, wrist and hand neuropathy.
- Do not drape the brace if it is too hot to avoid skin burns or discomfort.
- Do not heat the brace over 100°C (210°F), because the fabric or/and the zipper could burn or melt.
- If you use a heat gun, be careful not to burn the fabric.